Every known human society that exists today, irrespective of its development level and technological advancement, had once experienced primitiveness. With the advancement in this primitive technology comes the development of art and craft as an occupational substitute to the prevailing farming and hunting activities. Food production subsequently transcends what was initially subsistence in nature to take the form of commercial production, and with this developed markets and food vending activities to both sellers and buyers alike. At the initial stage, food vending was either done in mini restaurants and/or through hawking on legs. But with the introduction of food bikes and buses, the activities of food vending took a whole new turn, and that is one filled with convenience and better service delivery to the consumers. For anyone that looks forward to a food vending activity with convenience and utmost customer satisfaction, a good bike is most recommended.
What are the Benefits of Food Bikes?
A food bike is a tricycle-like carriage device with a kitchen mounted onto it to make cooking possible during transit. Often referred to as a mobile kitchen device, the typical food bike makes it possible for a food vendor to transact his/her businesses across streets and villages while at the same time make such food products available at the consumer’s location fresh. Most food bikes are used in the vending of such food commodities such as hot dogs, burgers, pizza among several others. It often comes with an attached oven and freezer that makes both the preservation of perishable substances and the cooking of meals possible, with a display section that makes it possible to display the available food items. Food bikes no doubt have several benefits for both the vendor and its customers alike, and among these however includes:
1. Enhances Sales During Mobility: - one of the greatest advantages that a food bike enjoys over a food store or car is its ability to move from one customer’s location to another thereby ensuring sales in those respective locations. As a result of its mobile capability, a food bike has the opportunity to influence passers-by to purchase their commodity or even hijack a passer-by whose initial intention was to visit a food store for their food purchase. This mobility does not only enhance sales for the seller but also ease the effort that will be employed in the purchase of food items by the buyer.
2. Makes it Easy to Start-up Food Vending Business: - food bikes, when compared to the acquisition of a food car or store, is relatively cheaper to acquire and highly economical to maintain. For these reasons among several others, the acquisition of a food bike is often advisable for a business start-up with little capital. While the use of a food car could come with the need to purchase a big bus and make specific designs to suit the vending activities, food bikes are specifically designed for food vending businesses and thus requires very little cost for set-up.
3. Makes Access to Customer’s Area of Concentration Easier: - while the typical food store is static and only offers services to the people within its vicinity and some dedicated customers that come from neighbouring societies to make purchases, the operation and sales of food bikes are not restricted to any given society. A food bike owner with the intention to visit a specific beach and make sales can come across a little picnic along the way and decide to give a shot at sales over there. Food bikes often target areas of high concentration like the motor parks, beaches, an open exhibition ground, lakesides, river banks among several other points of attraction for customer accessibility and sales promotion.
4. It is Relatively Small in Size and Consumes Less Space: - when compared to a food bus or a physical store location, food bikes are relatively smaller in size, consumes less space, and practically require lesser stress to take permission for sale at any given location. As a result of this small size also, it becomes easy for food bikes to thread practically any terrain no matter how narrow and rough, thereby making sales possible to people living in remote areas and less accessible environments.
5. Food Bikes are Easier to Maintain: - since the operation of a food bike does not require the use of a physical space that will warrant the owner to make provisions for the customers, this makes the amount of time and energy employed in the maintenance of a food bike relatively minimal. Unlike the normal physical food store which is quite spaced and requires more hands to achieve proper hygiene, a food bike, on the other hand, is quite smaller, compact, well-arranged and structured, and with mostly stainless material which is relatively easier to maintain.