With the continued development in technology, the increased acquisition of skills by individuals, and the increasing demand for white collar tasks; there had been a considerable decline in cooking in homes across globe. This and several other factors had however led to a surge in the demand for already processed foods simply waiting for consumption. With this increased demand however comes a complementary increase in the activities of food vendors, the most prominent of which are food stores and food bikes. While a food store (restaurant or food ingredients shop) serves as a static physical location from which individual consumers access and make purchases for the food items that suit their appetite, food bike on the other hand provide a mobile store service to the consumers of food items. As the usage of internet permeates every facet of human life and the electronic medium of commercial activities became a trend, the popularity for patronage to stores for all known products reduced drastically. To meet up with this trend, most stores embarked on an order from home delivery services. Even though this enhanced the owners of stores the ability to provide virtually-processed service to the unlimited ecommerce users, such also stand them in no competition to their food bike owners counterpart. Below are few reasons why food bikes are considered a better option to the use of store:
1. Food Bikes are Mobile: - the ability of a food bike to move from one place to another and offer services to all kinds of individuals irrespective of their location is one strategic edge that a food bike owner enjoys over its store owning counterpart. Without a complementary home delivery service which could be done with bicycle, motorbikes, and/or buses as the case may be, the operation of a typical food store owner is practically constrained by its static nature to a specific location. Unlike stores however, an ideal food bike offers itself as a food-on-the-wheel mechanism that makes food production and vending activities possible even while on motion, and food delivery to the customer relatively faster.
2. Food Bikes Are Cheaper to Acquire: - ownership of a store (whether for food or anything else) either comes with rent on tenancy or an outright purchase of that property. Most rents are paid yearly while some are paid on a monthly basis depending on the existing tenancy agreement. When the cost of acquiring a food store for a business start-up is compared to what it costs to make an outright purchase for a food cart which can last for years compared to a rent on property that hardly last a year, one will admit that the benefit in the use of food bikes far outweigh the one that is inherent in owning a typical food store.
3. Food Bikes Require Lesser Expenses to Run: - a visit to any known food store will convince anyone that the cost of running food stores far outweigh that employed in the management of a food bike system. This is because stores occupy a physical location, they pay charges on rents, pay for water and electricity bills, and as well require at least a hand or two to perform the cleaning exercises. This is because most customers of those food stores left their respective homes and offices, and the cost of their inconveniences is often borne by the said store owner. Unlike stores however, food bikes made delivery to the respective homes of the customers possible. This not only make it easy for individuals to request a meal on food bikes right from the comfort of their homes or offices, but as well free the food bike vendor from the need to create a physical space for their customers which will invariably attract the previously mentioned running expenses.
4. Food Bikes are Easier to Maintain: - since the operation of a food bike does not require the use of a physical space that will warrant the owner to make provisions for the customers, this makes the amount of time and energy employed in the maintenance of a food bike relatively minimal. Unlike the normal physical food store which is quite spaced and require more hands to achieve proper hygiene, a food bike on the other hand is quite smaller, compact, well arranged and structured, and with mostly stainless material which are relatively easier to maintain.
5. Food Bikes Makes Delivery Faster: - since food bikes are designed with wheels to operate in motion, it makes delivery made through such system faster and lots fresher. Unlike the food ordered from a physical store which will have to be readily made in preparation for order, then get served and packed, before it would be sent through the order delivery channel whom on its part might take time to deliver until the food gets cold or sour, the food bike on its part offer an on-motion cooking services that makes its food hot, fresh, and soothing irrespective of the time purchased and the location from which it is bought.
6. Food Bikes Makes Service Delivery to Public Places Possible: - since food bikes are mobile and can access practically every part of the society, it thus makes it easy for food bike owners to ply their trades in areas of greater customers concentration like the amusement parks, pools, islands, beaches among several other locations. A store on its own part is static and cannot maintain this level of flexibility that is afforded by a food bike.
7. Food Bikes Attracts Sales Better: - since food bikes take its business directly to the location of its customers and are designed in a manner that makes it easily noticeable as well as accessed, it is then safe to assert that the use of food bikes for vending activities attracts more sales when compared to their store counterpart. A store is confined to a specific location; and outside of a delivery service, it is likely to sell to customers within its immediate locality alone. A food bike is not subject to constraint of this nature, thereby it can push its way through different customers locations and even snatch potential customers of a food store that it meets on the road.